The seeds of the success story of Satec Envir Engineering Pvt. Ltd were sown by one person’s dream. This was a dream of engineering excellence that has now transformed into a reality for many. Today, as we strive to accomplish new heights, let’s set new goals and make the impossible possible.
The Early Years
I started my career in 1977 with a venture with my uncle that dealt in car air conditioning. In those days, there were only Fiats and Ambassadors—which were not designed to be air-conditioned. So, we actually custom designed cars in various ways. No doubt the challenges were many, but nothing that we didn’t overcome. We then ventured into bus air-conditioning and truck refrigeration. At the time, the transportation of frozen products involved a lot of losses as ice or dry ice was used. We pioneered refrigerated trucks with PUF panels—a unique feat as even refrigerators didn’t have PUF panels—for clients like Kwality and Vadilal. We also diversified into products like cold storages, OB vans and campers.
A New Era
Starting 1994-95, we saw the opportunity in telecom towers and began marketing our PUF panels for the same. We went on to work with clients like IDEA, Airtel, Tata, Essar Vodafone and Essar Telecom in Africa. This was when the company really picked up. Unfortunately, after the 2G scam, the industry took a beating. We were in a dilemma about what to do—and then realised that solar was picking up. We started making solar structures, solar inverters and control rooms with our existing machinery for clients like Welspun, L&T, Lanco, Adani and Sun Edison. One of our most unique projects was the solar project on the Narmada canal in Ahmedabad, inaugurated by the then Honourable CM of Gujarat, Shri Narendra Modi.
Gradually, since we had a strong technical background, we started developing products like auto components and porta cabins. We’ve done portable housing sites in India and abroad for companies like JSPL, JSW, Essar Power, Essar Steel, Vedanta and the Aditya Birla Group. This was again, a very good product for the company to move ahead. Eventually, we moved into the manufacture of pre-engineered buildings used for warehouses and factories. Today, we are capable of engineering factories, warehouses, bridges and metro stations, among others.
The Way Ahead
Challenges are encountered everyday. However, I have a strong technical background and commercial knowledge which helps me understand market needs and develop products. I’ve always believed in giving my 100% to each product and not cutting corners. AIso, the customer is at the core of everything I do—I always think about how they will benefit. Our strength is our technicality and the projects we have executed. Presently, we have 45 products—we want to take these to their potential and eventually create the greatest value for our company.
Amar Prakash Agarwal,
Where it all started
- Mr. Amarprakash Agarwal started his career in the bus and truck refrigeration and air conditioning business.
Expanded into the cold storage sector
- Further explored his expertise and started manufacturing cold storages and pre cooling facilities.
Expanding in the pre-cooling sector
- Started manufacturing cold storages and pre cooling facilities for companies like Hindustan Lever, Amul, Dinshaw, Baskin Robbins, Quality and Parle for their pulp units. Also started working with floral companies like Welplus and Green Gold Flowers Ltd. Additionally, we set up cold storages for grapes refrigeration for Maha Grapes and Trans Agrotech.
Expansion in the telecom sector
- Set up a telecom tower and shelters unit in Silvasa, Daman.
Major clients in the telecom sector
- Worked with telecom groups like Tata, Airtel, BPL, GTL, Essar, Vodafone, Idea.
Started manufacturing unit in Bhuj
- Manufacturing unit in Bhuj, Gujarat. We started manufacturing telecom shelters made of Polyurethane foam (PUF) sandwich panels
Prefabrication at its best
- Supply and erection of telecom towers and shelters nationally and internationally.
- Partnered with one of the worlds leading engineering, design and consultancy form, Rambol (Denmark) to manufacture tubular towers of heights upto 140 meters.
- Executed 200 prefabricated site accommodations that were fully furnished for Vedanta group in Odisha.
Expanded into the auto components sector
- Started the production of auto components and diversified the application of PUF panels to make porta cabins and low cost housing.
- Labour and Engineer colony for Essar Steel in Hazira.
Taking the sustainable path
- Expanded into the Solar industry by supplying module mounting structures and prefabricated innovator rooms and control rooms.
- Construction of site offices and portable toilets for Essar projects in Paradip.
- Engineer and labour colony for Essar Projects in New Papua Guinea and Australia.
Game changing projects
- Satec scales new challenges and executes a project for Marti India in collaboration with Gammon India in the pre fab sector to create family quarters, ground plus 1 guest houses, Godowns and bachelor accommodation in Dzonghah Trongsa – Bhutan.
- Manufactured and installed site accommodations for Essar Oil in Varinar
- Accommodation camps in Sierra Leone, West Africa for Praj Industries
Like father like son
- Amarprakash Agarwal’s son Mr. Gaurav Agarwal took inspiration from his father and started working with Satec to take it to the next level.
- Satec accomplished India’s first canal solar power generation project on Narmada river inaugurated by Mr Narendra Modi Ji.
- We executed a prefab project of constructing 3000 e-panchayat offices within India. (Gram Panchayat)
Entering the pre-engineering sector
- Expanded into the Pre-Engineering sector for the manufacturing and installation of steel structures and pre engineered high rise buildings.
New head quarters in Mumbai
- New Headquarters in Mumbai
- Manufactured and installed prefabricated Inverter rooms for Larsen & Turbo in Kadiri.
First prefabricated bank
- Successfully designed and executed a pre-fabricated bank for Bank of Baroda
- Set up solar mounting structures and inverter rooms for Adani group.
- Pre Engineered structure for Sterling and Wilson in Uttar Pradesh
- Supplied structural steel to SKVA Rubber Solutions
The show goes on...
- Under construction: A pre- engineered building for K. Raheja group in BKC, Mumbai
- Executing a pre- engineered convention centre in Niger, Africa in collaboration with Shapoorji Pallonji.