The seeds of the success story of Satec Envir Engineering Pvt. Ltd were sown by one person’s dream. This was a dream of engineering excellence that has now transformed into a reality for many. Today, as we strive to accomplish new heights, let’s set new goals and make the impossible possible.
The Early Years
“Success is achieved by excellent strategy and determined hard work” – says Mr Amarprakash Agarwal – founder of Satec Envir Engineering. He started his career in 1977 and has come a long way since then. His early years were all about learning through his experiences in the truck refrigeration industry as he was one of the first few to pioneer refrigerated trucks using PUF panels for clients like Kwality Walls and Vadilal.
In 1994-95, he saw the opportunity in telecom towers and worked with clients like IDEA, Airtel, Tata, Essar Vodafone and Essar Telecom in Africa to manufacture telecom and transmission towers for them. This was when the company really picked up. He further expanded to manufacture solar structures, solar inverter and control rooms for clients like Welspun, L&T, Lanco, Adani and Sun Edison. One of his most unique projects was the solar project on the Narmada canal in Ahmedabad, inaugurated by our Honourable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
A New Era
Mr Amarprakash Agarwal has an un-matchable technical knowledge within his industry and it is his determination to keep moving forward that led him to further expand his business into the prefab and PEB sector giving rise to Satec Envir Engineering in 2004. Satec has set up various portable structures on sites since then, nationally and internationally for companies like JSPL, LSW, Essar Power, Essar Steel, Vedanta and the Aditya Birla Group to name a few. The company further expanded into the PEB sector to provide pre-engineered buildings used for warehouses and factories. Today it has delivered various projects to build Multi Storey Steel Buildings and has on-going projects in the metro (metro stations) and bridges sector in India.
The Way Ahead
Mr Amarprakash Agarwal says – “Challenges are encountered everyday. However, I have a strong technical background and commercial knowledge which helps me understand market needs and develop products. I’ve always believed in giving my 100% to each product and not cutting corners. The customer is at the core of everything I do—I always think about how they will benefit. Our strength is our technicality and the projects we have executed. Presently, we have 45 products—we want to take these to their potential and eventually create the greatest value for our company”.
Where it all started
- Mr. Amarprakash Agarwal started his career in the bus and truck refrigeration and air conditioning business.
Expanded into the cold storage sector
- Further explored his expertise and started manufacturing cold storages and pre cooling facilities.
Expanding in the pre-cooling sector
- Started manufacturing cold storages and pre cooling facilities for companies like Hindustan Lever, Amul, Dinshaw, Baskin Robbins, Quality and Parle for their pulp units. Also started working with floral companies like Welplus and Green Gold Flowers Ltd. Additionally, we set up cold storages for grapes refrigeration for Maha Grapes and Trans Agrotech.
Expansion in the telecom sector
- Set up a telecom tower and shelters unit in Silvasa, Daman.
Major clients in the telecom sector
- Worked with telecom groups like Tata, Airtel, BPL, GTL, Essar, Vodafone, Idea.
Satec was born
- We started a manufacturing unit in Bhuj, Gujarat for telecom shelters made of Polyurethane foam (PUF) sandwich panels
Prefabrication at its best
- Supply and erection of telecom towers and shelters nationally and internationally.
- Partnered with one of the worlds leading engineering, design and consultancy form, Rambol (Denmark) to manufacture tubular towers of heights upto 140 meters.
- Executed 200 prefabricated site accommodations that were fully furnished for Vedanta group in Odisha.
Expanded into the auto components sector
- Started the production of auto components and diversified the application of PUF panels to make porta cabins and low cost housing.
- Labour and Engineer colony for Essar Steel in Hazira.
Taking the sustainable path
- Expanded into the Solar industry by supplying module mounting structures and prefabricated innovator rooms and control rooms.
- Construction of site offices and portable toilets for Essar projects in Paradip.
- Engineer and labour colony for Essar Projects in New Papua Guinea and Australia.
Game changing projects
- Satec scales new challenges and executes a project for Marti India in collaboration with Gammon India in the pre fab sector to create family quarters, ground plus 1 guest houses, Godowns and bachelor accommodation in Dzonghah Trongsa – Bhutan.
- Manufactured and installed site accommodations for Essar Oil in Varinar
- Accommodation camps in Sierra Leone, West Africa for Praj Industries
Like father like son
- Amarprakash Agarwal’s son Mr. Gaurav Agarwal took inspiration from his father and started working with Satec to take it to the next level.
- Satec accomplished India’s first canal solar power generation project on Narmada river inaugurated by Mr Narendra Modi Ji.
- We executed a prefab project of constructing 3000 e-panchayat offices within India. (Gram Panchayat)
Entering the pre-engineering sector
- Expanded into the Pre-Engineering sector for the manufacturing and installation of steel structures and pre engineered high rise buildings.
New head quarters in Mumbai
- New Headquarters in Mumbai
- Manufactured and installed prefabricated Inverter rooms for Larsen & Turbo in Kadiri.
First prefabricated bank
- Successfully designed and executed a pre-fabricated bank for Bank of Baroda
- Set up solar mounting structures and inverter rooms for Adani group.
- Pre Engineered structure for Sterling and Wilson in Uttar Pradesh
- Supplied structural steel to SKVA Rubber Solutions
The show goes on...
- Under construction: A pre- engineered building for K. Raheja group in BKC, Mumbai
- Executing a pre- engineered convention centre in Niger, Africa in collaboration with Shapoorji Pallonji.